Learn How To Bake Archana's Kitchen Cookie Mixes in A Iron Kadai
In this article you will learn how to bake the cookies in a Kadai using Archana's Kitchen Eggless Cookie Mixes. Baking in a Iron Kadai is an age old technique of baking that has been used for many years. The most important step is preparing the Kadai for baking.
Preparation of Archana's Kitchen Cookie Mix Batter
- Into a large mixing bowl, add the full packet of cookie mix, 100 grams softened unsalted cooking butter at room temperature and 3 tablespoons of milk. Knead well to form a cookie dough.
- You can optionally add 1/4 cup dried raspberries/black raisins/goji berries or your choice of nuts into the above mix.
- Cover the bowl with a cling film or a lid and refrigerate the cookie dough for min of 20 minutes to 1 hour. This process of chilling is mandatory.
- Measure a one large tablespoon of the chilled cookie dough and roll it into balls and flatten it by pressing between your palms.
- The cookie dough is sticky, so don’t be afraid to wipe your hands clean after every few balls of dough you shape.
- If the cookie dough after shaping becomes soft, refrigerate for 10 to 15 min more before baking. This will also depend on the ambient temperature of your room.
- Choose a tray/plate which will fit inside the Iron Kadai. It can be a idli or Dhokla plate
- Arrange the cookie dough 1 inches apart on the plate.
Preparing the Kadai
- Place a trivet and another steel vessel of 2 inches height over the trivet. This acts as a stand for baking the cookie. If the plate already sit at a height, then this stand will not be required.
- This stand is to ensure the cookie tray/plate is placed at least 2 to 2-1/2 inches from the base of the kadai.
- If you keep the cookie plate/tray pan directly at the bottom, it will burn.
- Cover the Kadai and preheat for 10 minutes on low to medium heat. You do not need to add any water, salt and sand at the bottom of the iron kadai.
Baking the Prepared Cookie in the Kadai
- Once preheated, place the cookie plate/tray into the kadai over the stand if you have used one.
- Cover the kadai with a lid
- Bake the cookies for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges appear set and the centers still might be a little soft.
- Note: Baking times will differ based on the heat, try to keep the heat to low flame and preheating the kadai will help in baking the cookies evenly.
- The cookies will be soft when they come out of the oven and will deflate as they cool.
- Once baked, remove the cookies from the kadai and let cookies cool for 5 minutes on the plate as they will continue to cook in the heat.
- After 5 minutes gently lift using a flat spatula and place them on the grill cooling rack or trivets to cool completely. The cookies become more firm when they cool completely and they get aerated in the rack.
- Store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks in sealed containers.
- Enjoy the cookies with a chilled glass of milk or green tea !